In his first studio album since 2018. 6lack announced the release of his third album and newest project, ‘Since I Have a Lover.’ The title track released on March 1 explores the mountains and valleys of love that is healthy. The Atlanta singer-songwriter wants to share his experiences through life since his last album release. Though he has made a few appearances, he mostly stayed out of the spotlight. During this time, he found the purpose in the things he created and renewed his intentions to love and be loved because it is necessary.

Love has changed him. He sings, “Since I have a lover/Feel like a million bucks or something.” While his voice is guided through the chorus a lingering guitar groove provides an airy feel to some otherwise heavy lyrics. There is freedom to exist in love, “The type of love that you supply, can’t televise/Don’t need my advice, plus you my vice, like what I like/You light my fire, you get me high, reach a new height.” It is an acknowledgment of the enamoring love he finds himself in. Complete surrender, “She’s a easy lover, man, she’ll take your heart and you won’t know it/Crazy lil’ ‘shawty cutting into my soul, I know.”

A renewed sense of life, something to live for and something to die about. Love is all of the above and whatever else you find it to mean to you personally. With love in mind, I look forward to the full release of his album and the music he will share.

The full album is set to released on Friday, March 24.

Photo credits from: genius.com