You had probably heard of the songs “My Dawg” and “Yes Indeed,” but in 2017 you didn’t know exactly who Lil Baby was. Today, Lil Baby is an award-winning rapper, with multiple songs on the Billboard Hot 100 list, and has a new album called “My Turn.” It hasn’t been long since his last album release, as he has been dropping albums one after the other, all being huge successes for his career.

“My Turn” was released on February 28, 2020 and most would say that this album is a hit. This album consists of 20 songs, with 8 features and collaborations. These features include rappers such as Gunna, 42 Dugg, Future, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Wayne, Moneybagg Yo, Young Thug, and Rylo Rodriquez. Previously, Lil Baby has worked with some of these well-known artists on projects that probably sound familiar to you: Throwing Shade (feat. Gunna), All of a Sudden (feat. Moneybagg Yo), and Section 8 (feat. Young Thug). 

Since 2017, Lil Baby has released 7 albums, all of which have been pretty big successes. The Atlanta rapper has continued to build his career and improve with more released music and hits since then. Just four days since its release, “My Turn” already has songs on the Billboard charts with “Woah” at number 24 and “Sum 2 Prove” at number 46. The title for this album is quite fitting, in that it expresses Lil Baby finally getting his turn to be successful, and that he is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Some might say that Lil Baby has grown since his first few hits, and this album definitely demonstrates that. I would say that quite a few songs on the album are a little repetitive and they might sound the same, but they all have a little something different and special if you listen closely. 

The album has a diverse track list, with songs about love and success. The song “Emotionally Scarred” starts out about how he is trying to forget someone, explaining that we all have issues. The song later transitions into Lil Baby rapping about his fame, and how far he has come although he is emotionally scarred from his past. People will be able to find “My Turn” to be very relatable and true.

Another unique song from the album is “Catch the Sun” where Lil Baby raps about how we are so young, but it feels like we are running out of time, which can be very understandable for most young people who are currently feeling the same thing. The lyrics also talk about “this road to redemption” meaning something deep that can be easily connected with.

These lyrics will make you feel many emotions while simultaneously making you think in depth. “My Turn” is an album that you will listen to all the way through, without feeling the need to skip a song. It is a great addition to Lil Baby’s discography, that will reach a lot of audiences. I would rate this album a 7/10, and we should expect to see more songs from the album on the Billboard charts, seeing that the award-winning artist really outdid himself with “My Turn.”

You can stream “My Turn” on Apple Music or Spotify.