Close your eyes and remember when you heard “Love Story” for the first time. Were you like me and danced around your room, singing your heart out? Did the words “Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone” strike a memory that you forgot you had? Taylor Swift has always found a way to capture the hearts of fans all over the world. For fifteen years, Swift has been nothing but talented and authentic. She has deserved the crown title of being called the “Music Industry”. Even though her masters got sold, she has managed to be the talented artist she is, and re-record her old albums. 

Fearless (Taylor’s Version) stays true to the original’s country roots. The only difference is that Swift sounds more mature and happier while singing these songs. It comes off as her  telling the young version of her that they are okay now. One of my favorite songs off of this album would have to be “Jump Then Fall”.  This song will always be one of the best, due to the happy feeling I get, every time I listen to it. With lyrics like “Cause every time you smile, I smile. And every time you shine, I’ll shine for you”, you are bound to crack into an infectious giggle. Swift’s happy voice singing about wanting her lover to dive into their relationship together, never fails to bring me joy. Another song that is sure to bring back nostalgic memories would be “Today Was A Fairytale”.  This song brings back memories of me singing along to the words in the car and just having a blast. The lyrics “Can you feel the magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me” take me back to when I used to dream that I was a princess in my big castle. You’re able to soak in the happiness that Swift’s voice gives off. 

Another two songs that I love the most would be “Hey Stephen” and “Mr. Perfectly Fine”. Just hearing the beginning of “Hey Stephen” will take you back to the first time you heard the song. With Swift’s catchy humming and beautiful laugh, there is no way that you cannot hate this song. It’s such a bright and bubbly song that always makes me feel so much better. A new song that’s never been heard before is “Mr. Perfectly Fine”. This song was released from the vault and is about a former ex that Swift once dated. It has been rumored that this ex is Joe Jonas. With the catchy lyrics “Hello Mr. Perfectly Fine, how’s your heart after breakin’ mine?”, You are bound to get up on your feet and dance around. This song is one of the best ones from the vault because it will have you singing the lyrics around the house. 

Fearless (Taylor’s Version) is a must listen to album. It will bring back nostalgia for any Swiftie and reintroduce Taylor to any music fan. With the release of this album, I know that her other re-recordings will be just as good as this one. 

Picture credit from: twitter.com

Morinsola Kukoyi