If you weren’t at Rounders On The Strip last Thursday, then you missed out on a truly fun concert experience! Cash Cash, an American electronic music trio from Roseland, New Jersey, and their openers, Segø and Meachie, brought their upbeat, enthusiastic energy to the open-air rooftop in a night full of dancing, singing, and super cool light shows.

As far as concert venues go, Rounders was a perfect choice for these DJs to land. In a space equipped with a walk-up bar, a high-quality light and sound system, and massive fans that keep concert attendees cool,  the venue succeeded in adding to the atmosphere of the concert. The attendees of the concert were no less fun, either! As soon as the concert began, people were dancing and singing together; there was even a super lively group of people that brought folding paper hand fans with them (it came in handy when they were sweating from dancing!)

The show opened at 9: 45 p.m. with local Tuscaloosa DJ, Meachie. He played for roughly an hour with great energy, and it was clear to me that he was in his element on stage. For me, the highlight of his set was his EDM version of Taylor Swift’s “Love Story.” All of Rounders began to scream-sing along to it, and it helped keep the energy in the room up. 

Around 11:00 p.m, we welcomed Segø, Alabama native but now Nashville-based producer and established DJ, to the stage. With his long hair and super high energy, Segø had the time of his life. He was dancing and getting into the music, and he did his best to interact with the crowd. His set highlights included his rendition of “Talking Body” by Tove Lo and “Don’t Wake Me Up” by Chris Brown. His energy was infectious enough to get my friend Nick to start dancing, and he hadn’t moved the entire time. Segø also welcomed Meachie back to the stage, and it was so much fun seeing their energies come together on stage. 

By 12:10 a.m, Cash Cash was in Tuscaloosa and came out with a bang, proving that they were definitely worth the wait. Members of the trio include Jean Paul Makhlouf, Alex Makhlouf, and Samuel Frisch, but Jean Paul and Alex were the main performers during the set. Their set began with smoke cannons, insane visuals that ran throughout the venue space (they were even on the ceiling!) and the most intense bass I have experienced in a while. They made their way through their personal hits  as well as their renditions of Juice WRLD’s “Come and Go,” and Eurythmic’s “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).” By far the most exciting part of the concert was when Alex threw the Cash Cash flags into the audience, and the smoke cannons went off at the same time! It was so unexpected, but such an enjoyable part of their performance.

Overall, this was my first ever DJ/ EDM concert experience and my first time at Rounders, and I had an absolute blast! I spent the entire night dancing and singing, and I even met some awesome people while there! All in all, don’t be afraid to try new things and expand your music taste! 

Here is one of my favorite pictures from the night!

pastedGraphic_1.png

Want to get connected with these artists? Check out their socials down below!

Meachie Instagram: @meachieplz

Segø Instagram: @segomusic

Cash Cash Instagram: @cashcash