By: Tina Turner and University of Alabama News Center

Just a few months ago 90.7’s then Music Director, Gabi France, was invited to watch Alabama’s very own Bailey Coats perform. Gabi left with glowing reviews for the up and coming pop artist Bailey Coats.

Article

Fast forward to today and you can find Bailey Coats making headlines on the University of Alabama news page for being able to balance being full time student while successfully pursing her music career.

Coats was recently given the “honor and privilege” of performing at the 2018 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championship this past January in San Jose, California. She was able to perform a four song set there.

Coat’s most popular song “American Girl” is a song that sends the message to young girls across the U.S. that you are always good enough.

“I sent the song ‘American Girl’ to their marketing team, and they loved it and gave me the honor and privilege of singing it during the final women’s competition.”

“There was an event called Skating Spectacular, which featured all the new Olympians, and they had a choreographed ice skate to my song while I performed it live. Kristi Yamaguchi was one of the skaters who performed to my song. I got to meet her and the rest of the crew. This is something I’ll absolutely never forget.”

The perfect song for the perfect platform.

We here at The Capstone Radio are delighted to see the positive image and continuing success of UA’s very own Bailey Coats.